We always try to keep our property safe and secure. It does not matter if it is a home or a business. Having some security in a place gives us great peace of mind that we are protecting our possessions and dear ones from any harm. In our last blog, we spoke about why communication and security fail in India and the importance of home security systems.
Many people in places such as India, people are not able to recognize the potential of unmanned guard solutions on their property, mainly due to the lack of awareness and thoughts of having unnecessary expenditures. People often think that installing CCTV will secure them completely but it is not true because CCTV can help people only after the crime or incident has happened. CCTV alone cannot help us secure ourselves and our assets.
India is a developing country and people always try to utilize their budgets and expenses wisely but fail to recognize the importance of safety. Our lives and property depend on these systems. We need to be aware of all the solutions which are needed to protect ourselves. Once we are aware of all the possibilities and potential of modern security solutions then people will be able to secure themselves completely and recognize the need for all smart security solutions.
Businesses, communities, and private properties all invest in security systems that can keep their assets and people safe. Despite recent advancements in technologies, security guards are still seen as the best form of security a person can have. There are several drawbacks to having just a physical guard. Such as you cannot capture the evidence of a crime that takes place or identify criminals. Therefore it is always recommended to use unmanned guards such as Video Door-Phones with a combination of motion sensors, alarms, etc. to minimize the risk of intruders and alarming you in case of any risk detected.
When we have the combination of unmanned guards with alarms and other sensors, it produces the best solution.
In case we have limited resources and have to choose between unmanned guards and physical guards, we highly recommend unmanned guards. Reasons for choosing unmanned security are as follows:
- They are 100 percent reliable and you do not have to worry about sick days, vacations, and other issues.
- They have greater visibility because of multiple camera views from their remote monitoring location.
- Their night vision technologies can see the things which are not visible to the human eye in total darkness. This is one of the most important things because most crimes take place when it is dark.
- Motion sensors used with other sensors can alarm you in case of an intrusion which can scare the intruder.
- Virtual guards are often placed in more than one place and can respond quickly to potential security threats.
- Less expensive cost when we compare, unmanned security outweigh an on-site guard.
- The unmanned security can record people and license plates easily using advanced camera technology.
Unmanned security can often have a faster response time as they can be in more than one place at a time – or quickly move across a site within seconds. They are also capable of performing entry system services like scanning driver’s licenses and controlling access to the property via technologies like QR scanner, IR scanner, Face Detection Technology, etc. Unmanned security can maintain 24×7 video surveillance of property by utilizing some of the advanced features built into the security cameras and other security devices like sensors.
One of the most important advantages of the unmanned guard is their ability to provide people with constant peace of mind, day or night. Security devices can monitor video footage while using advanced video analytics software to identify any suspicious activity and raise an alarm.
What is even better is that we no longer need a complicated setup of monitoring cameras, etc. As most modern security systems are easy to install and use, and even stylish.
One of the research which interviewed 422 randomly selected people convicted of a burglary found that:
- About 60 percent of the burglars chosen a target based on whether it had an alarm system or not.
- About 50 percent of the burglars reported that they leave immediately if they find a security system, and 37 percent said they sometimes leave.
- About 43 percent said they never break into a building if they see an alarm before entering.
- More than 80 percent never try to disable security systems they find.
We at Discreet think these products bring together the best in security, safety, and technology, to help give you peace of mind and better protect you, your family, and loved ones, from unwelcome intruders.